In June 2015 the LBI has treaded a new path for strengthening its bonds and collaborations with Neolatin scholars from all over the world by giving travelling researchers the opportunity to stay and work at the LBI for a certain period of time on a contract-free and gratuitous base.
Past visiting scholars are
- 07/2015-08/2015, Thomas Hendrickson, PhD, affiliation at Dartmouth College, New Hampshire
- 07/2015, Annette Baertschi, PhD, affiliation at Bryn Mawr College, Pennsylvania
- 09/2015-11/2015, John Butcher, PhD
- 10/2016, Dennis Pulina, M.A., affiliation at our partner organization Albert-Ludwigs-Universität, Freiburg i.Br.
- 10/2016, Maria Asunción Sánchez Manzano, affiliation at Departamento de Filologia Hispánica y Clásica, Facultad de Filosofia y Letras, León
- 01/2017, Jean-François Cottier, affiliation at University Paris-VII
- 03/2018-04/2018, Caroline Weber, affiliation at Julius-Maximilians-University, Würzburg
- 01/2018-03/2018, Dr. Bernhard Schirg, scholarship holder at the Volkswagen Foundation
- 10/2018–01/2019, Elisabetta Appettechi, affiliation at Università degli Studi di Roma "La Sapienza"
- 03/2019–5/2019, Cristina di Bari, MA
- 05/2019–07/2019, Gábor Petneházi, University of Szeged